WATER / POWER RESOURCES
1.Kotri Barrage was built in 1955 on the river
2. Qadirabad Barrage was built on Chenab in
3.Qadirabad Barrage was built in 1965 on the river
4.Khanki Barrage is one of the oldest barrage in Pakistan built on river Chenab in
5.Total number of Barrages made on the Indus is
6.Give the number of the Canals which takes off Sukkur Barrage are
7.How many canals takes off from Kotri Barrage
8.When jinnah Berrage was constructed?
9. Chashma Barrage is constructed on
(a) River Ravi
(b) River Indus
(c) River Chenab
(d) River Sutlej
10. Taunsa Barrage was constructed in to
(b) 1979 sice
11.Guddu Barrage was constructed on
(a) River Ravint
(b) River Indus
(c) River Jhelum
(d) River Sutleja
12. Guddu Barrage was constructed in
13. How many canals originate from Guddu Barrage?
14. On which river Marala Barrage is constructed?
15. Diamer Bhasha dam will produce electricity after completing
(a) 4200 MW
(b) 4500 MW
(c) 4800 MW
(d) 5200 MW
16. Which sector is the biggest consumer of Petroleum Products in Pakistan
17. What is the length of Tarbela reservoir?
(a) 35 KM
(b) 40 KM
(c) 30 KM 2
(d) 45 KM
18. On which river Kalabagh Dam is supposed to be built?
19. Which is the biggest earth filled dam in the world?
(d) None of them
20. What is the total installed capacity of 13 hydroelectric facilities in Pakistan according to the economic survey 2011-12?
(a) 5635 MW
(b) 6481 MW
(c) 4532 MW
(d) 5163 MW
21. Malakand Dargai Project stans its or
22. Which is the oldest hydroelectric D e
(d) Malakand Dargai
23. What is the length of Tarbela Dam
(a) 2786 m
(c) 2744 m
(d) 2701 m
24. What is the height of Rawal Dam
(a) 35 m
(c) 30 m
(d) 45 m
25. What is the installed hydroelectricity genera capacity of Tarbela?
(a) 3478 MW
(b) 3378 MW
(c) 3573 MW
(d) 3278 MW
26. Tarbela Dar was constructed in
27. Which is the second biggest dam in Pesta
(a) Mangla damn
(b) Tarbele dam
(c) Warsak dam
(d) Aswan dem
28. What is the installed generation capacity Mangla Dam?
(a) 1200 MW
(b) 1100 W
(c) 1000 M2
(d) 1300 W
29. On which river Mangla Dam is bui?
30. When Mangla Dam was completed?
31. What is the height of Mangla Dam?
(a) 140 meters
(b) 150 meters
(c) 110 meters
(d) 100 meters
32.Warsak dam is located on
(a) River Kabul
(b) River Karam
(c) River Gomal
(d) River Bera
33.What is the total generation capacity of Warsak Dam?
(a) 240 MW
(b) 240 MW
(c) 300 MW
(d) 310 mW
34.Warsak Dam was completed in
35. The upper Bari Doaab was constructed in
36.The Sidhnai Canals start from the left bank of the Ravi at
37 The Upper Swat Canal starts from
38. What is the total length of seven canals built under Indus Water Treaty?
(a) 650 KM
(b) 621 KM
(c) 910 KM
(d) 615 KM
39.Which country has the largest irrigation system in the world?
40. The irrigation system of Balochistan plateau is called
41. How many headworks have been constructed on River Sutlej?
42. Sulemanki Headworks is constructed on
43. Islam Headworks is constructed on river
ENERGY AND POWER
44. Which sector is the largest consumer of oil and oil products?
45. Which sector is the largest consumer of Gas?
46. Chashma hydroelectricity projects generates.
(a) 125 MW
(b) 138 MW
(c) 130 MW
(d) 140 MW
47. What is the total thermal power installed capacity in Pakistan?
(a) 14359 MW
(b) 5008 MW
(c) 4724 MW
(d) 5108 MW
48.How manny public sector thermal power stations are working in Pakistan?
49. The biggest thermal power plant is installed in
50. How many thermal power stations use coal for their power generation?
51. Where the second biggest thermal plant is installed?
52. What is the total power production in Pakistan by independent power production IPPs?
(a) 5850 MW
(b) 6180 MW
(c) 5987 MW
(d) 6215 MW
53. Which is the cheapest source of energy?
54. What will be the installed power generation capacity of Neelum Jhelum Hydroelectric Project which is located in the vicinity Muzaffarabad (AJ&K) and will
be completed in November 2016
(a) 1400 MW
(b) 543 MW
(c) 176 MW
(d) 969 MW
55. What will be the installed power generation capacity of Tarbela 4th Extension?
(a) 876 MW
(b) 1534 MW
(c) 1410 MW
(d) 1234 MW
56. Bunji Hydropower project would be the largest Hydopower project of Pakistan with an installed capacity of MW.
(a) 7100 MW
(b) 6100 MW
(c) 5100 MW
(d) 4100 MW
57. The 4320 MW Dasu Hydropower Project is one of the cascade of water resources development projects conceived on hiver.
58.Munda Dam is an under construction dam located on the River which will generate 740 MW of hydroelectricity in 2017.